Policy for Protection of Personal Information
The non-profit organization Japan Intercultural Intelligence (hereinafter referred to as “JII”) complies with all laws and social standards regarding protection of personal information. We handle personal information with the utmost care, so that you can feel secure when using our website.
Acquisition of Personal Information
JII will announce or notify the purpose of use and will acquire personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose by legitimate and fair means. Personal information acquired by us is information that is provided by users of our service and information (included in audio, image, video, etc.) collected by us.
Retention Period of Personal Information
JII will delete such personal information immediately when a retention period mandated by law expires or when such information is no longer needed in achieving the purposes of use as stipulated in “Purpose for the Use of Personal Information” below.
Purpose for the Use of Personal Information
Personal information that JII acquired is used for the intended purpose at the time it was acquired and for the purposes as written below, and is used only as necessary in the execution of business (including use within extent reasonably related to the purpose).
- To make contact regarding our service
- To improve the quality of our service
- To announce events, programs, etc. related to our service, and for other PR purposes
- To request for voluntary works and to make contact regarding our activities
- To request for cooperation regarding surveys, media interviews, activity reports, etc.
- To use for our PR activities as a past achievements of our activities
- To ask for donations, to respond to inquiries and other administrative messages
- To confirm facts and perform investigations related to troubles
- To perform services associated with each of the preceding items
Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
JII will appropriately manage personal information and will not disclose such information to any third party except for the purposes as stated below:
- When there is consent for disclosure from the person him/herself
- When law requires
- When there is a special need to improve
- When there is a request from public authorities to JII and its website operator but acquiring consent from the person him/herself may interfere with the execution of the affairs concerned
- When there is a special need to protect human life, body or asset of customers and employees of JII, but difficult to obtain consent from the person him/herself
Security Control Measures for Personal Information
JII will take necessary and appropriate actions in order to safely manage and maintain accurate and updated personal information and prevent loss, alteration, and leakage of personal information obtained as stipulated below.
(1) Development of the Basic Policy
To ensure proper handling of personal information, JII will develop the basic policy including the name of the business operator handling personal information, compliance with related laws and guidelines, matters related to security control measures, and interface for processing inquiries and complaints.
(2) Development of rules related to handling of personal information
To prevent leakage of personal information handled and safe management of other personal information, JII will develop the personal information management rules and prepare the rules related to specific handling of personal information.
(3) Measures for Security Control as an organization
JII will develop the management structure at organizational level through appointing responsible officers for administration of personal information and establishing internal regulations, etc.
(4) Measures for Human Security Control
JII will, in having its employees handle personal information, continuously apply measures relating to protection of personal information and exercise appropriate supervision of its employees so as to seek security control of personal information.
(5) Measures for Physical Security Control
JII will take measures to prevent theft as well as damage caused by fire or lightning strike regarding personal information, and also take necessary measures such as locking when taking out, transporting, and storing the applicable systems and documentation.
(6) Measures for Technical Security Control
JII will take measures for access management to personal information through authentication, authority management, control, and recording of access to personal information, in preventing malware and viruses, in transferring, sending/receiving of information by encryption and clarifying responsibilities, and in monitoring information systems.
Handling of Anonymously Processed information
1. When producing anonymously processed information (as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, hereinafter the same), JII will process personal information in accordance with laws and regulations as set forth in the Personal Information Protection Law and by rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
2. When having produced anonymously processed information, JII will take measures for security control in order to prevent leakage of information relating to those descriptions and individual identification codes deleted from personal information used to produce the anonymously processed information, and information relating to processing method carried out pursuant to the provisions stated in the preceding paragraph (limited to only those that can be restored by using that information).
3. When having produced anonymously processed information, JII will disclose items regarding the individuals whose personal information was used to create the anonymously processed information by internet or other appropriate methods without any delay.
4. When providing anonymously processed information (including those produced by JII and provided by third parties, hereinafter the same unless otherwise stated) to third parties, JII will disclose items regarding the individuals whose personal information was used to create the anonymously processed information and the method of providing them, and clearly indicate that the provided information is anonymously processed information to the third party.
5. When handling anonymously processed information, JII will not conduct following actions for the purpose of identifying personnel concerned with personal information used to produce the said anonymously processed information.
(1)JII will not compare the said anonymously processed information to other information.
(2)With regard to the anonymously processed information provided by third parties, JII will not acquire information relating to those descriptions and individual identification codes deleted from personal information used to produce the anonymously processed information, and information relating to processing method carried out pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations as set forth in the Personal Information Protection Law.
6. JII will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure security control of anonymously processed information, take necessary measures to ensure producing anonymously processed information by processing complaints related to the handling of anonymously processed information, and appropriate handling of anonymously processed information. At the same time, we will endeavor to disclose those said measures.
Supervision of Trustee that Handles Personal Information
Within the scope necessary for achieving aforementioned utilization purposes, JII may outsource the handling of personal information in whole or in part to third parties. In such a case we will select a person who is capable of handling personal information appropriately reflecting the security control measures of a trustee.
In this consignment contract, we will appropriately define measures regarding the handling of personal information in terms of its security control, confidentiality, conditions for subcontracting, etc. Then we will grasp how personal information is handled by a trustee and exercise necessary and appropriate supervision.
Disclosure, Revision, Addition, Deletion, Termination of Use and Others Regarding Personal Information
Please contact the JII office as indicated below for inquiries regarding disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, termination of use, etc. regarding personal information provided, and any other inquiries or consultations. We will swiftly respond to your request after confirming your identification.
The office of NPO Japan Intercultural Intelligence
Contact : https://j-ii.org/contact-us/
The Use of Website Analytic Tool
Our website uses “Google Analytics”, a website analytic tool provided by Google. Google Analytics employs cookies to collect traffic data, which is collected anonymously, meaning that a user cannot be identified. If you do not want any kind of information to be collected, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings.
The rights related to all the contents posted on this website belong to JII and the producers. There is no intention to infringe rights of third parties. If you find any issues with the content of our website, please have the copyright owner contact us directly by email. We will look into the issue and respond as swiftly as possible. Our website may contain links or banners that lead to other websites. We will not be responsible for any information or services that are provided by third-party websites. We take every effort in providing accurate information and contents on our website, but we do not guarantee any completeness or accuracy of the provided information. We cannot be held liable for any damage or loss you incur by the information we provide on our website.
Revised on July 13, 2022